Friday, November 9, 2012

An Important Game Element

I realise one thing that is important for a game. As long as it is not a colossal game like Age of Empire or Command&Conquer, it is better for the game to control a main character instead of clicking places. This can be seen between Harvest Moon and FarmVille. Probably it's just me, but anyway, I found playing Harvest Moon much more fun compared to FarmVille even when the objective is the same. Because I am controlling the farmer itself. Even if Harvest Moon has no finding spouse, no going to mine, no going to the mountains, just mending the farm, I still found enjoyment in controlling the character, although it means that going and farming around is much more tiring. But the first person experience I believe is rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment