Thursday, May 9, 2013

$2 Capacitive Stylus



I thought that was bullshit, then I experimented from some other materials. It worked!!! On my first try, I didn't have any aluminium foil, so I tried using a paperclip since I supposed it is a conductive metal. I didn't use any pen casing, only wet cotton bud (well, some call it Q-tip or cotton swab, but it is called cotton bud in Indonesia) and an unbent paperclip. So, I know the physics behind is that you need to touch the metal which touches the wet cotton for it to work as a stylus, so I did just that. Hold the paperclip with my left hand and ensure it touched the wet cotton, then I navigate the wet cotton on my Galaxy SIII. Eureka!!!

Obviously, I was not satisfied. I bought an aluminium foil (costed me SGD 1.80) and what I did was wrapped it on the cotton bud, pour water into the cotton, VOILA! Perfect stylus with a very high working degree!!! Tip or side, they just worked well!

Here is the "stylus":



What could I do with it?

These two are my attempts at using the stylus. There was no need to keep erasing and sketching (as opposed to just draw a line once). Just that my handwriting becomes quite bad on touchscreens and I just suck at drawing.

Here is my attempt at designing a logo for Pycon Sg 2013 (the S would be the python while the g, well, I just thought of a poisonous animal/bug and it would be a wasp). Again, I sucked at drawing so I scrapped the plan to develop further.

No comments:

Post a Comment