Saturday, September 29, 2012

Android and Google

I am switching side to Android. Although I don't really like it's software architecture (it easily lags so I assume the inside is quite convoluted), it is the most customisable mobile OS around now. And with the Galaxy Note software, I believe it has the capability to surpass all mobile OS as the smartest OS. Lumia 920 has the hardware, the super sensitive touchscreen, but WP8 (if it is like what is described around the net) fails to utilise it to the maximum. Even Windows Mobile 6 supports this touchscreen better (I remember my Samsung Omnia 2, hahaha).

Well, anyway, I have a piece of note to Google, especially the Android department. I just want to say, take a move, quickly. Patent a UI asap, at least the main UI not the customised UI like HTC Sense or TouchWiz UI. Why?

Apparently, it is quite undeniable that Android UI currently borrows a bit too much from iOS UI. The thing is not that it is bad. However, if all the players in the market now patent their UI, Google is losing its choices. Apple has taken the lead with sliding pages to the left and to the right. Microsoft taking the panning up and down in WP8. And apparently, Microsoft is taking ANOTHER UI of panning left and right through Windows 8 (the start screen). Sliding pages up and down is not that beautiful (since panning is taken by WP8). Now that RIM is coming up with BB 10, if it does take another kind of UI, Google loses another choice. My take? Come up with a new UI that is very simple. Hahaha. I can't think of anything else. I have one in mind, but not so easy to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment