Friday, December 14, 2012

Razer: Project Fiona

I might be a little late updating the blog, but YEAY!! Razer's Project Fiona is on!!! The specs are announced. Below is the link to the news by Razer CEO himself on Facebook.


I have been looking for a new laptop for a while now. I want to get those Windows 8 Hybrid, specifically the convertibles. Or at least the tablet form with Intel Core i series and no the Atom series and with Windows 8 instead of Windows RT. I had been eyeing Project Fiona, but no update came until the news above. I was looking at Samsung Ativ Smart PC Pro, but it has no discrete graphic card which makes me hesitate due to the work I do. I looked into ASUS Transformer Book as well, but same as Project Fiona, no update on the device. Of course, there is Sony VAIO Duo 11 as well, but its stylus - in a preview video - was less responsive compared to the Smart PC Pro. Due to spec consideration, I moved my interest to Sony VAIO S series, because it is thin yet has powerful-enough graphic card, albeit not a tablet or other convertible form.  But Project Fiona now has it all: discrete graphic (at least for the spec sheet in the link above, and I voted for that as well ^.^) and tablet form. If you think it's a stupid device for the controller on the left and right, users have asked to make it detachable and yes, the link above stated Min-Liang has granted so. Here comes the wait~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment