Saturday, July 14, 2012

Living without a Burden

Here is something I found recently.

Think of a burden or pressure that you have been having for a while. Be it your parent's expectation, your expectation, your boss expectation, your fate (such as something you have been telling yourself, "It is my fate to be like this"), anything. Now, concentrate on that burden. Done? Then say this to yourself:

"I don't need to be burdened to live."

Did you smile to yourself? Well, I did. When I said that to myself, I felt very free, as if I own the world, nothing could stop me. When I am deeply worried, I said that. If you have been reading books with New Age theme, this is somewhat an affirmation. It is also explained in the book Creative Visualization.

Here is my own view about the matter. You decide if it is true to yourself:
Your mind has been chained with burden knowingly or unknowingly. I have not entered the working world, so I don't understand enough about it, and I agree that what I am telling you may not work in the real working world. However, you often know that you could do something yet be burdened by it. Why? There was a saying (found in 9GAG :p), "If you can solve your problem, then what is the need of worrying? If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying? - Shantideva." It is debatable. We worry about the future because it is uncertain even when we can solve our problem, unlike 1 + 1 = 2. But then, the stress will build up until your body and mind could not take it. At that point, stop and say to yourself, "I don't have to do this as a burden".

By saying it, I do not mean you should leave your work unattended, or you will get fired (obviously). You will work hard, but never take it as a burden because a burden is tiring but a work does not have to be tiring.

Cheers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment