Friday, July 6, 2012

Windows Phone - Updated

While on the matter, I actually want to change phone to a Windows Phone, budget one. I want Samsung Focus 2, but it is not sold in Indonesia and Singapore, or anywhere near on that matter :( I have no objections against Nokia, but its handsets compel me. Lumia 800 (or worse, 900) is too expensive for a trial Windows Phone. Lumia 710 is perfect match for hardware and price, except for the hardware Windows buttons which I despised completely. Lumia 610 is a no go because the 256 MB RAM ruins the whole thing about background processing *thus live tiles and so on. I need WhatsApp, which according to forums I read need the background thingy.*

Initially, I refuse adamantly to own a HTC. Not that it is a bad brand, it is a good brand. But progressively, its models have basically same design concept. Of course, it could be a branding system, like iPhone which only has one model. For the price and RAM, I think I need to give in to HTC Radar. Its online prices are in between Lumia 710 and 610, its RAM is 512 MB thus background processing is available and it has capacitive buttons. The problem is, its sale is hard to be found. It has been taken down in online stores. Too bad. Hopefully I can find it :)

*Update:
Lumia 610 indeed lacks RAM, which disables it of App backgrounding. However, according to GSMArena review, the Live Tiles and Push notification (which is need for WhatsApp) still work. Only memory-intensive apps do not work, like Skype, and when you open heavy apps, it has some lags (given examples in the link are Nokia Drive and Maps). Sorry for the misleading facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment