Sunday, February 5, 2012

ACJC Sport Complex level 2

This is my most serious SketchUp design for now, but also my first few work in 3D. I did this in my first JC year as a Tech Council member. My job was actually only to build the model, without colouring it. I just uploaded it since I coloured it first to make it seen better in 3D Warehouse. The X(...)Xs are places where I was not supposed to draw, so I added the 3D text to indicate it is not blank.



These photos show the model that I was supposed to make. Only the model without colouring, and also leaving behind some details like stairs, interiors, and the details under the unique roof (the bleachers). You could also find some reverse faces in the model. To make things neater for warehouse, I coloured the model, fix the reverse faces and added 3D text for open structures that are missing (Badminton Hall and Stairs given by X(...)X). I also realised that the bleacher had no safety wall behind, so I added it.


How did I start making the model? First, we measure the building physically, since the sport complex is new and the floor plan is not available from the school's office. Below is the floor plan.

To make modelling easier, I took pictures of the building from several perspectives to get the roof design, the bleachers approximate design, the swimming pools and the rest of the building on second floor.

Then, next to the floor plan in SketchUp, I made a big square. That is the place where I made the structures, such as the long chairs, the roof model and the starting blocks on the swimming pool.



I used these pictures to guide me in modelling the sport complex level 2. Here are the images.





(Sorry for the messy arrangement. I am still new to making post with many pictures neat.)










Here is the up-close view of the 3D model.

No comments:

Post a Comment