Thursday, February 2, 2012

Lingering on this world

I was dying from an unknown disease that took control of body parts, much like stroke, but progressing quickly in matters of minutes. I was one of the combatants of the disease, wearing protective coat and carrying an advance weaponry to kill don't-know-what. The combatants knew of my condition. We were passing a parking lot when suddenly I fell down and unable to go back up. I knew that this is it. I was smiling to my colleagues. They surrounded me like they want to see me off. Then I could not move my hands, and I lost my voice. In matter of minutes, what I had left was my consciousness. I could not even move my lips. I died, but my spirit lingered on. I could see my body rotting fast. None of those around could see my spirit. They left.

My spirit stayed on Earth for then. Only my circle of friends and my core family members could see me. Interestingly, I still could interact with worldly items, such as foods and computers. I played games with my friends and eat some cakes with my mom. I wondered, how would the food be seen by other people? Would they see the food floating, being chewed by nothing, or would they see the food stay on the table as I only ate the spirit of the food? Anyway, I spent the whole day with people closest to me. Then the night came.

I was very afraid of falling asleep, on the fear of passing on during my sleep or unable to open my eyes again. I resisted and resisted, yet things around me became very dark. A moment passed by, then I woke up. Frightened by what happened then, I looked around. Thanks, God, I was in my room and I haven't passed on. I had died so peacefully at this age of 20 and as long as I stayed on this world, everything would be fine. But how exactly did I end up in my room? There I was, seated on my bed, only to figure that those dying moments were not true after thinking for so long how I ended up on my bed. I was and am still alive. All those things I saw? All were in my dream, a bad dream, scarier than any nightmares I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment