Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Bullets

I just uploaded 2 bullet models.




Making bullets is not difficult. You only need to make the model in 2D, half of it. Then, use the "follow me" tool on the drawing to a circle which center is align to your bullet center. Done. You just need to specify the details of the bullets and its colour. I used the colours on default SketchUp. I also smoothened some edges on the second model above to give the feeling that the edge is round.


 These are the two base for the follow me command. The picture on the left is the one where I had copied the model and flipped the copy, where as the picture below is the one where I did not yet copy and flip.
========================================================================

The reason why I copied and flipped was that to make the point dull, as on the picture on the left above.


From <<==  to ==>>


I need to copy and flip then make a curve on the pointed edge. Another way to do it is to soften edge but it does not always work as I had tried it.



========================================================================


For the back of the bullet, there are two ways to make it. One is shown on the left, that is to make that part first before follow me command. The problem I faced was that it was difficult to judge the position to place the inserted faces as it may become too far or too near to the bullet's surface after the follow me command. The other way is just making circles on the back of the bullet after it has become solid, then use the push/pull command to make the picture below.


No comments:

Post a Comment